SPARC SOLARIS-HEPPA Working Group Meeting 16-17 June 2022, Bergen/Norway
The meeting will finally happen - in person - in June 2022, see https://heppasolaris2020.w.uib.no/ for details.
The meeting focuses on (but is not limited to) the following topics
- Solar forcing by solar irradiance variability and energetic particle precipitation, including direct chemical impacts. A special focus will be given to efforts towards solar forcing recommendations for CMIP7. This topic includes also intercomparisons of modeled and observed chemical responses to electron precipitation in the mesosphere and lower thermosphere (HEPPA-4).
- Coupling mechanisms and processes responsible for solar signal transfer in the atmosphere
- Solar surface climate impact and decadal predictability
- Methodological analysis and assessment of existing statistical approaches to analyze solar signals in model and observational data
For this meeting, only invited and contributed oral presentations are planned (i.e., no poster presentations). Sufficient time will be allocated for discussions on individual WG results as well as for a general discussion on SOLARIS-HEPPA research.
Limited funds for travel support for early career scientists (PhD students and Postdocs within 4 years after your PhD) have been made available by SPARC/WRCP. Please let us know as soon as possible (no later than 1 May 2022) if you would like to apply for support (by sending an email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no and preferably in cc to bernd at iaa.es and kmatthes at geomar.de)..
The meeting will take place on 16 - 17 June 2022 in Bergen (Norway) at the Department of Physics and Technology (Allégaten 55, 5007 Bergen). For more info about the Bergen you may start with https://www.visitbergen.no.
Call for abstracts
Please submit your abstract by email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no and preferably in cc to bernd at iaa.es.
No fees will be applied. For easier planning and setting up the agenda, please let us know by sending an email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no (cc to bernd at iaa.es) preferably before 15 May 2022, indicating
- if you plan to attend the meeting and,
- in this case, the tentative title/topic of your presentation.
Looking forward to seeing you in Bergen in June,
Hilde, Bernd and Katja