SPARC SOLARIS-HEPPA Working Group Meeting 11-12 June 2020, Bergen/Norway
The meeting focuses (but is not limited to) results of the five SOLARIS-HEPPA working groups (http://solarisheppa.geomar.de/workinggroups):
- WG1 (Stratospheric Signal): Analysis of the solar irradiance and particle effects on the stratosphere in both historical (1960-2010) (or REF-C1) and future (2010-2100) (or REF-C2) simulations of the Chemistry Climate Model Initiative (CCMI) simulations.
- WG2 (Surface Signal): Analysis of the solar irradiance and particle effects on surface climate in CCMI REF-C1, REF-C2 simulations with a particular interest on atmosphere ocean coupling processes.
- WG3 (Comparison with (satellite) observations): Comparison of the observed solar with the specified dynamics CCMI experiments (REF-C1SD) covering the satellite era from 1980-2010.
- WG4 (Methodological Analysis): Assessment of existing statistical approaches to analyze solar signals in model and observational data with, as a first step, a special focus on Multiple Linear Regression techniques.
- WG5 (Medium Energy Electrons (MEE) Model-Measurement intercomparison): Comparison of observed chemical responses to MEEs in the mesosphere with available model simulations that account for MEE ionization.
For this meeting, only invited and contributed oral presentations are planned (i.e., no poster presentations). Sufficient time will be allocated for discussions on individual WG results as well as for a general discussion on SOLARIS-HEPPA research.
Limited funds for travel support for early career scientists (PhD students and Postdocs within 4 years after your PhD) have been made available by SPARC/WRCP. Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to apply for support (by sending an email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no and preferably in cc to bernd at iaa.es and kmatthes at geomar.de).
The meeting will take place on 11-12 June 2020 in Bergen (Norway) at the Department of Physics and Technology (Allégaten 55, 5007 Bergen). For more info about the Bergen you may start with https://www.visitbergen.no.
Call for abstracts
Please submit your abstract by email to email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no and preferably in cc to bernd at iaa.es and kmatthes at geomar.de (indicating working group topic, e.g. “WG1” or “GENERAL” if not related to a specific WG)
The participants are requested to take care of their own travel and accommodation. The University of Bergen has an arrangement with the following hotels. Mentioning UiB’s name will entitle you to a discount.
- Hotel Augustin
- Thon Hotel Rosencrantz
- Thon Hotel Bristol
- Best Western Plus Hotell Hordaheimen
- Grand Hotel Terminus
- Scandic Bergen City
- Scandic Neptun
- Scandic Ørnen
No fees will be applied. For easier planning and setting up the agenda, please let us know by sending an email to Hilde.Nesse at uib.no and preferably in cc to bernd at iaa.es and kmatthes at geomar.de.
- if you plan to attend the meeting and,
- in this case, the tentative title/topic of your presentation.
Looking forward to seeing you in Bergen in Jume,
Hilde, Bernd and Katja