SPARC SOLARIS-HEPPA working group meeting Paris 2017
The aim of this meeting is to present and discuss preliminary results of the five new working groups (WGs) that were defined at SOLARIS-HEPPA meetings in 2016 (http://solarisheppa.geomar.de/workinggroups):
- WG1 (Stratospheric Signal): Analysis of the solar irradiance and particle effects on the stratosphere in both historical (1960-2010) (or REF-C1) and future (2010-2100) (or REF-C2) simulations of the Chemistry Climate Model Initiative (CCMI) simulations.
- WG2 (Surface Signal): Analysis of the solar irradiance and particle effects on surface climate in CCMI REF-C1, REF-C2 simulations with a particular interest on atmosphere ocean coupling processes.
- WG3 (Comparison with (satellite) observations): Comparison of the observed solar with the specified dynamics CCMI experiments (REF-C1SD) covering the satellite era from 1980-2010.
- WG4 (Methodological Analysis): Assessment of existing statistical approaches to analyze solar signals in model and observational data with, as a first step, a special focus on Multiple Linear Regression techniques.
- WG5 (Medium Energy Electrons (MEE) Model-Measurement intercomparison): Comparison of observed chemical responses to MEEs in the mesosphere with available model simulations that account for MEE ionization.
For this meeting, only invited and contributed oral presentations are planned (i.e., no poster presentations). Sufficient time will be allocated for discussions on individual WG results as well as a general discussion on a general synthesis of SOLARIS-HEPPA research.
The meeting will be held from Monday November 6th (2 pm) to Thursday 9th (noon) in the conference room of the UFR TEB (faculty Earth, Environment, Biodiversity) of the University Pierre & Marie Curie (UPMC). The room is located at the second floor of the corridor 46-56 of Jussieu’s campus (see plan below or http://www.upmc.fr/fr/vie_des_campus/handicap/plan_d_acces.html). Note that for security concerns, all luggages and bags are controlled visually before entering Jussieu’s campus.
Jussieu’s campus can be accessed by Metro lines 7 and 10 (stop Jussieu, see plan below or http://www.plandeparis.info/metro-paris/metro-paris.html).
Paris has two international airports, Charles de Gaulle (CDG, North) and Orly (ORY, South), from which the city center can be accessed by multiple ways (see https://www.ratp.fr/en/titres-et-tarifs/airport-tickets). The taxi ride CDG-Paris is 50-55 euros and 30-35 euros for ORY-Paris.
There won’t be special offers for hotel room booking, so please book a hotel room using standard booking website (e.g. https://www.booking.com). Note that other options such as AirBNB can have better prices in Paris (https://www.airbnb.com/).
Lunch (price tbd) will be available on Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8.
Limited funds for travel support for early career scientists (PhD students and Postdocs within 4 years after your PhD) have been made available by SPARC/WRCP. Please let us know as soon as possible (but not later than 15 August 2017) if you would like to apply for support.
More information on logistics and the preliminary time schedule will be made available soon at the SOLARIS-HEPPA website. If you need further information on logistics, please contact the local organizer Rémi Thiéblemont (email@example.com).
For easier planning and setting up the agenda, please let us know by sending an email to Rémi Thiéblemont (firstname.lastname@example.org) (possibly before 1 September 2017)
* if you plan to attend the meeting and,
* in this case, the tentative title/topic of your presentation.
Looking forward to seeing you in Paris in November,
Rémi, Katja and Bernd